This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of USGA
We recently had the chance to enjoy the junior experience at the U.S. Open in Pebble Beach – the golf course views were beyond gorgeous. As a family of golfers, it was so much fun to be able to spend a day on the golf course made our day. Watching the professionals at work while also spending quality time together as a family. The USGA had an entire junior experience set up that Ryland and Rori thoroughly enjoyed.
There was an indoor interactive golfing and mini putting green that Ryland was a huge fan of! Rori was able to stencil her own golf ball at the LPGA*USGA Girls Golf tent. She also got a butterfly tattoo (of course, not permanent haha). I enjoyed watching Ryland and Rori feel as if they were at home because the juniors’ staff was so friendly. The junior experience was so great because it made the golf experience a more family-friendly activity. There is something for each family member to enjoy!
8 things that we loved about the junior experience
- The wall of memories – the kids were able to write down their names, color, or draw a sweet picture.
- The green screen photo booth – there were options of backgrounds that the kids could choose from, the countdown for photo snapping began and then the photo would be sent directly to your email for keepsakes.
- The indoor artificial putting green
- The indoor golf simulator – all digitally interactive and so fun for the kiddos!
- Chipping game
- Outdoor hoola-hooping
- Scavenger hunting – this was so fun because it got us out on the golf course and kept us busy
- The juniors’ sunblock station that could be found at The First Tee
- ALL of the activities for the junior experience was completely free!
If I had to choose one thing to make a favorite from the entire junior experience I would say the scavenger hunt. This kept us active and the kids were so excited each time they found an item from the list. Their level of excitement was contagious!
QUICK TIP: grab lunch, find an area under the beautiful trees, and have a picnic with the family while enjoying the views.
We were so excited to to be invited and hosted at the U.S. Open 2019 and the kids are looking forward to 2020.