This post is sponsored by BabbleBoxx.com on behalf of popchips
Ryland is now in the FIRST GRADE. Every time I stay that out loud I am seriously so shocked at how fast he is growing. On his first day of class I was a an emotional wreck and didn’t feel peace until I picked him up from his class. I did everything I could to prepare him for his first day – a hearty and healthy breakfast, comfortable shoes, labeled all of his belongings, and I packed him his favorite lunch and snack so that his tummy would be fully and happy.
I love surprising him with popchips barbecue chips because they are delicious and a favorite of his. I wanted to make sure that his first day was special, including his lunch. The barbecue popchips are non GMO and gluten free so I knew that it would “school approved”.
What I packed for Ryland’s first grade lunch on his first day:
- Chicken “sushi” – they are small bites and easy for him to eat! Tortilla, cheese, shredded chicken, and roll them up into sushi bites.
- Sliced grapes – I always cut our grapes to avoid choking.
- Broccoli – getting those greens in! Even it’s just one little broccoli head. It counts!
- Carrots – easy to snack, crunchy, yummy when their room temperature or cold!
- Water – water over juice! Ryland can have a juice box when he gets home (if he wants to) but not while at school because I want him to stay hydrated during recess and P.E.
- Popchips – the best part! Sometimes I will just put a few popchips into his lunch box and other times I will give him the whole bag. Popchips are 100 calories per serving, so good, and really just satisfies his belly.
The barbecue flavor is Ryland and Rori’s favorite! Rori isn’t in school yet so she loves being able to grab this as a snack as soon as she gets home. Popchips is perfect for lunch time snack, on the go with the kiddos, and I took it on the plane with me on my recent trip to New York. The individual wrapped bags are so convenient and perfect for everyone in the our busy family!