I am so excited to share my laundry room renovation with you using QuicTile by Daltile! I wanted our laundry room to feel elevated and have a sensory rich visual to it, so I went with the Panda Marble Polished Porcelain Locking Floor Tile. There is something about a marble flooring that just is so swoon worthy to me.
My laundyry room is 38 sq ft, and I neede 5 boxees of QuicTile by Daltile to cover the area. The flooring was easy to install and took less than 24 hours to finish. I did have my brother in law help me install the floors, but it absolutely could have been a one person job.
Here are the steps we took to install the QuicTile by Daltile
- Prepped the area by removing existing base boards
- Laid down the under-layment
- Decided on how out I wanted to positon the tile. Because the laundry area isnt an even square/rectangle, we made sure to not have the tiles evenly laid out above another.
- Used flooring spacers against the wall to make make room for expansion gaps.
- We marked for cuts on the tile, and then made the cut using this tile with stand.
- The locking in the tile floors was easy because there is a “tongue and groove” connection that allows for an easy locking mechanism. We used the flooring tapping block with a non-marring mallet and tapped until the tiles clicked.
- Once we had all of my tiles locked an in place, we began the grouting process.
- This step is not required, but we found it easier to use a grout release prior to grouitng to prevent a haze
- To prepare the grout, I mixed the grout in the bucket that it came in using a margin. I went with the color stone for grout.
- Once the grout is all mixed and looks good to apply to the QuicTile by Daltile, I fully scooped grout and slabbed in on to the tile and we used the grout float to evenly spread the grout.
- We used this sponge with water to clean up any extra grout.
We used Behr Paint color: White Dove from The Home Depot
RELATED POST: Backyard Patio and Summer Living
*This blog post is sponsored by The Home Depot, all thoughts and opinions are my own*
Leave a Reply