Hey mamas! Are you ready for summer? With school almost over, it got me thinking about what activities I’m going to do with Ryland and Rori. I absolutely love summer because of the quality time I get with the kids! Whether it’s spending time at your house or going out in your community, I have a list of 15 summer activities your kids will LOVE.
Summer Activities for kids
- Go swimming with an inflatable pool with a mini slide– You can relax in the pool while the kids play; that’s the ultimate backyard summer getaway!
- Water Tag…or fight– Who doesn’t love watching their kids running around with water pumps?!
- Water Balloongame– Toss water balloons to each other until someone gets soaked!
- Draw with Sidewalk Chalk– Let your kids get creative and create chalk masterpieces on the sidewalk for everyone in the neighborhood!
- Play hopscotch – Put that chalk to good use and draw a hopscotch board on the sidewalk. Teach your kids this classic game and see who wins!
- Basketball, soccer, and baseball –Whether you kids love baseball, soccer, or basketball, keep them busy by playing their favorite sport!
- Frisbee– Who doesn’t love going to a park and tossing a frisbee around with the kids? It’s a great way to spend some time with them, and a great way for them to learn a new skill.
- Camp out in the backyard –You can make a campfire in the backyard, roast marshmallows or hotdogs, tell stories, and laugh together. Or set up a tent and go camping!
- Drive-in movies –Change it up a bit and go to a drive-in movie! Watch your kids favorite movie from the comfort of your own car and snuggle up with a blanket.
- Mini golf –A great way for the kids to spend an afternoon! Who doesn’t like mini-golf? With so many different variations, such as glow in the dark, your kids are sure to have a blast!
- Lemonade stand –embrace your kid’s entrepreneur side and set up a lemonade stand!
- DIY Ice cream sandwiches – Have fun making homemade ice cream sandwiches by getting your kids favorite cookies and scooping vanilla ice cream in the middle!
- Wet N’ Wild Mega Melon Ball Jumbo Sprinkler– This 3foot tall jumbo melon sprinkler looks amazing! Just attach it to your garden hose and your kids will love this for sure!
- Set up your Sprinkler –If you already have a sprinkler, just set that up. Kids love jumping around in the sprinkler, and it’s a perfect way to cool them down!
- Fly a Kite– Take advantage of those windy summer days and go run and fly a kite! There are so many creative kite designs let your kids pick out their favorite and have some fun in the wind! This kite is so fun because the kids can design their own and they’ll be so excited to see their creation in the sky!
What is your favorite part about summer? Do you have a family tradition that you do every summer? I would love to hear about it in the comments below!